Friday, February 09, 2007

Anna Nicole's Death Coming to TV?

The following is from Fox News:

Final Footage of Anna Nicole Smith Sells for Over $500,000

Footage of the final moments of Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith's life sold for more than $500,000 Thursday after a media bidding war, according to Splash News & Picture Agency, the paparazzi outlet that sold the rights to the tape.

The video shows paramedics working on the unresponsive reality star as she was wheeled from the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Fla. Splash News screened the videotape to potential media buyers at their Los Angeles headquarters just hours after Smith's death Thursday afternoon.

Emergency responders appear to administer CPR on two separate occasions as the TrimSpa spokeswoman was wheeled out of the hotel on a gurney, according to FOX News Channel producer Christopher Spinder, who viewed the tape.

"At one point they kind of started to look like they were going to put the gurney onto the ambulance and they kind of pulled the gurney back out a little bit so they could do a second administering of CPR," Spinder said.

Her companion and lawyer, Howard K. Stern, is not visible in the video.
The two-minute tape, shot from three different angles from a distance of about 50 feet, shows Smith's sheet-covered body, with an oxygen mask over her face, being taken out of the Hard Rock Hotel by a gaggle of emergency responders, including paramedics and police.

You cannot see her face, you cannot see hair flowing out from underneath the mask," Spinder said. "Again if someone didn't tell me this was Anna Nicole Smith, I totally would not have known it. You can't even tell it's a woman."

The video shows footage of the ambulance driving away from the hotel under a police escort, then cuts to the ambulance at Memorial Regional Hospital just after 2 p.m. ET Thursday.
"You do not see the ambulance pull into the hospital, and you do not see the body come out of the back of the ambulance," Spinder said. "You just see the ambulance sitting there.

"One would assume that the cameraman got there after the body had already been unloaded from the ambulance and was already in the hospital at that point," he said.

Smith died at 2:45 p.m. at the age of 39. She is survived by a 4-month-old daughter, Dannielynn Hope Marshall. Her only son, Daniel Smith, died in the Bahamas in September, three days after her daughter was born.
The winning bidder was unknown Thursday night.

Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack @ 9:37 AM   0 comments links to this post


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home