Thursday, March 23, 2006

THOUGHTS ON BLOGGING

I began this blog on Tuesday, August 09, 2005. My first article was posted at 1:10pm CT.
Since then I have learned a lot, posted many articles, and have realized there are many things I have still not figured out! So I thought I would take some time today and share some of my thoughts about blogging.

- Traffic: Everyone who has a blog wants people to read it! They want to see their fancy counter show a higher number each day! The only problem is, getting traffic to your blog can be a challenge. This can be a very disappointing thing for many. The sad reality is, there are millions upon millions of websites for a person to choose from. So getting people to your blog is going to be difficult. There are tools out there to help you get more traffic to your blog, but you may still be disappointed with the number of visitors. This fact will cause some to give up, but others will be motivated to work harder. This makes you, the reader, very important. By simply taking the time to write a comment or a suggestion, you could make the day for a blogger. You could motivate them to keep going. So the next time you visit a blog, remember that.

- commitment: When you create a blog, you are excited and motivated. Then over time that begins to change. You now realize that keeping up with your blog is work. You then have to decide if you are going to work hard to find interesting things to post. Are you going to work hard to write your own commentary or simply to make your blog a link library? To be willing to write you own thoughts about issues is a lot more difficult and requires a lot of commitment.

I have more to say and will say it in future posts. But, here is my pathetic attempt to get responses :) I would like to hear your thoughts about blogging. What blogs do you read and why? What do you look for in a blog? Do you just look for blogs that have short funny videos and pictures? Do you prefer blogs that have more substance? If you blog, what have you learned?

Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts on blogging.

Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack @ 5:17 PM   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger James Willis said...

This is a great post. The commitment factor is a key for me. I thought this was the dumbest idea I had ever heard when you first told me of blogs but my commitment is still 100%.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is the only one I read. Personnaly I don't want to take the itme to find (research) blogs. They seem to be just a fancy version of the old user.net newsgroups. Mostly just usless info (unless of course I know who it is and the true content of the blog). So for me, I am merely a "one-blog" man.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Steve Kenul said...

If you want to voice your opinion to someone, let it be heard, blogs are a great example. I have voiced my opinions on many things on my blogs. Some people may agree, and some will disagree, but no matter what, I will have my voice heard and if you don;t like it, theres the little "X" button on the upper right hand side of the browser. CLick it and I will be gone. Keep it up T-Ham. See you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home