Wednesday, May 07, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Tchaikovsky and Brahms

Today is the birthday for two of the greatest composers:

JOHANNES BRAHMS
Born: May 7, 1833 in Hamburg, Germany
Died: April 3, 1897 in Vienna, Austria

PYOTR IL'YICH TCHAIKOVSKY
Born: May 7, 1840 in Votkinsk, Russia Died
November 6, 1893 in St. Petersburg, Russia

To learn more about these great composers see the following links:
Brahms
Tchaikovsky



Brahms will always be special to me because the first classical music CD I ever bought was, Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2

In fact I listened to the CD last night at midnight to celebrate the birthday of Brahms. I purchased the CD in 1984 and all these years later the CD is still providing great enjoyment to me.

If you have never heard Brahms Piano Concerto 1 or 2 I would strongly recommend you do so.

Here is a CD that contains both:















Brahms: Concertos for Piano No. 1 & 2, Fantasia Op. 116

[IMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]

You can purchase the CD at this link:

Brahms



Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack @ 12:24 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home