Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OM RECORDS

Good evening everyone.

I received an e-mail tonight that introduced me to a new record company called, OM Records. You can visit the site at this link:
OM


OM Records is the company that brought us the incredible CD, Songs Without Words Pt 1. In fact I am listening to that CD right now as I create this post. If you do not have this album stop reading this and go buy it! You can obtain the album via I-Tunes or Emusic.

I was checking out the OM Records website and here are a few things I found:

An announcement of a upcoming release: The name of the CD is, "Mushroom Jazz Vol. 6".










Mushroom Jazz Vol. 6
Mark Farina

The series is back and the wait is finally over! Get those neck braces out! Om is proud to present Mark Farina’s highly anticipated “Mushroom Jazz 6”!

To the un-initiated, Mark Farina is the master of the blend! The new album features new and unreleased material from the finest in Mushroom Jazz music (funky instrumental hip hop, downtempo, soul and blunted beats mixed together to perfection by Mark Farina himself), and on this sixth edition of this legendary series he includes a bumpin’ brand new Farina original track entitled “Life”.

A true phenomenon, “Mushroom Jazz Vol. 6” will have new and old school fans alike rushing to retail and digital locations. Get ready!!!


You can listen to samples at this link: Mushroom


Wow, from what I listened to this sounds like it is going to be great. I have not heard of the Mushroom Jazz series before tonight and it appears I have missed out on something really great!

You can buy volume 1-5 of this series on I-Tune. The series is not available on Emusic.


I did a little search and found this out about the series:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mushroom Jazz is a series of 5 musical compilations released between 1997-2005 by American DJ and Producer Mark Farina. Farina Combines elements of downtempo, hip hop, jazz and r&b, beatmatching and mixing songs together in the style of house music. As with Farina's house mixes, the Mushroom Jazz series incorporates transitionary effects (such as a high pass filter) and a generally dry reverb tone.

The five albums contain an array of artists including Chali 2na, Miguel Migs, People Under The Stairs, Colossus, and Pete Rock, as well as several original tracks by Farina.


I will try to download this series and put it on my I-Pod. I hook my I-Pod to a Yamaha home stereo receiver and I use Kilpsch speakers. I am picky about sound quality and believe all digital music stores should offer the highest quality downloads possible!


The Songs Without Words album sounds great. I hope all OM Records releases sound that good or better.

I am glad someone sent me an e-mail and told me about OM Records. I am excited what new music I can discover and share with everyone here at the Worldview blog.


Have a great night!

Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack @ 6:59 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home